Fine Art and Artisan Jewellery. Inspired by nature. Fueled by Tea and Dark Chocolate.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dog Portrait - Another Watercolour Wash

I've added another couple of washes to Gracie's portrait, strengthening the darks slightly. She has very delicate colouring, so I'm being very conservative with my paint and keeping the washes very light. I forgot to erase those "too dark" lines from my initial drawing! If they won't lift off now, I will have to change to acrylic paint or pastel.

I completed this a week or two ago, then became busy with other things. I'm hoping to get back to it next week. I would like very much to have this commission done and on it's way!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love to see work in progress! So fun to see the creative process.

Thanks for following my blo =)