Fine Art and Artisan Jewellery. Inspired by nature. Fueled by Tea and Dark Chocolate.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Tea and Oranges

Finished just in time for the deadline tomorrow, this is one of the paintings I am entering in the Poetic Visions Exhibit at the Classic Theatre in Cobalt, Ontario. Artists are invited to interpret a poem of their choice with a painting or drawing.

This is my interpretation of Leonard Cohen's "Suzanne". I am an avid Cohen fan and often paint to his music. I've had the phrase "and she feeds you tea and oranges" stuck in my head for quite some time (isn't that called an earworm?), so thought I'd get it out of my head and on to some canvas. I didn't do any preliminary sketches, just started painting. I'm not completely happy with it, although there are parts that I like. I did learn a lot by painting it, and am happy to say that my tea and oranges earworm has wiggled away to places new.

"Tea and Oranges" will be on exhibit starting in March at the Classic Theatre. It is for sale, but will not be available to ship until the end of March.

Details and purchase information are here.

As soon as I can manage to take some decent photos of my other Poetic Visions entry, "Oh Frabjious Day!", I will tell you about it, too!

No comments: