Fine Art and Artisan Jewellery. Inspired by nature. Fueled by Tea and Dark Chocolate.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

It Never Rains but it Pours!

Well, it's not actually raining, or pouring, it is -38 celsius without the windchill, and some obscene number with the windchill. So, housebound yet again...

But it is raining and pouring art projects. I seem to have all of a sudden racked up an incredible number of portrait commissions, as well as several paintings for shows with rapidly approaching deadlines. Maybe a bit too rapidly for comfort! It's a good thing I work well under pressure.

Here is the reference photo for one of the portraits I am starting, Keady and Blue, two lovely German Shepherds. This one will be in graphite, which I haven't worked with for a while so I will have to get out my pencils and do some warming up sketches before I dive in.

This commission is from a repeat client, a gift to her son. I just completed another portrait for her last fall, a gift to her son-in-law. This was a black lab done in acrylics. You can see it and the reference photo here.

I also have to get going on two show paintings which are due on the 24th of this month, and I which I have yet to start. Well, they do have titles, does that count as started?

Off to the drawing board I go!

No comments: