Fine Art and Artisan Jewellery. Inspired by nature. Fueled by Tea and Dark Chocolate.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Playing with Fire, the Valentine's Day jewellery-making push



Finally! I'm back where I love to be, in my studio (messy disaster though it is!). I must have been a fire-bug (arsonist?) in another life because nothing makes me happier than playing with my torches, and I've been playing a lot this week, so I'm a very happy camper!

As Valentine's Day draws rapidly near, I'm in a frenzy of creating love-themed jewellery to list on
my Etsy Shop and website. This one-of-a-kind pair of earrings, "Two Love Birds" are available here. They are made from two vintage metal (pewter?) bird beads, fresh water pearls in soft shades of pink, grey and white. Hung with hand-formed sterling headpins on hand-formed sterling earwires.

As a break from hearts and pearls, I have also been adding to my "Hobby Horse" series of pendants and earrings. These sweet little earrings are the latest in the series, and would make a great gift for horse-loving girls (young and old) . Every pair is free-formed by hand, making each pair slightly different, with its own unique character. These are made from copper wire, but I will also be making them from sterling silver as soon as my shipment of wire arrives. You can see them on my website.

Now I'm off to my studio to make some more love - jewellery, that is!

No comments: