Fine Art and Artisan Jewellery. Inspired by nature. Fueled by Tea and Dark Chocolate.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Sunrise, a Good Mother and Earrings

sunrise at Wabi Brook Studio I woke up early this morning to this beautiful spring sunrise. The pinks, oranges and yellows of the rising sun contrasted beautifully with the blues and violets in the clouds. Five minutes later it was gone and the horizon was just a mass of dull, grey-brown clouds. Being in the right place at the right time is always nice, but sometimes it can be downright magical!

Lately, the talk in my house has often been about prom and grad. The prom tickets and dress are bought, ready for the big day next week. My daughter wandered in to my studio the other day purple fire glass bead and sterling silver earrings by Wabi Brook Studioand started playing around with my stash of pearls, informing me that I should make her a necklace for prom. So, good and dutiful mother that I am, I promptly hopped to it and started creating.... some earrings. For pierced ears. Which my daughter does not have. (I said I was a good mother, not a perfect one!)

I haven't made earrings for a while, so I enjoyed going through my stash of pearls and other beads, trying out different combinations, and making the ear wires to go with them. Here are some of the earrings I've created so far:

Purple Fire made with amethyst coloured fire-polished glass beads,

Teeny Weeny made with tiny freshwater pearls and oxidized sterling silver,




and Neapolitan made with three flavours of freshwater pearls.

See more prom, graduation and wedding earrings at my Etsy shop.

And that necklace my daughter wanted me to make? I just might finish it in time .... for next year's prom.

2 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Unbelievable sunrise, Julie! Yes, those are magical moments, gone in a flash. They do feed my soul.

Beautiful jewelry!

Julie B said...

Thank you, Jean.